10 Best Adult Tricycles 2021
As they are becoming much more popular there is a general increase in manufacturers offering high quality adult tricycles and there are, unfortunately, some that are making poorer options.
It is very important to know exactly which companies are offering the best quality but at the same time it is crucial for the buyer to know everything about the product as possible and what kind of tricycle he or she needs.
To assist you with making this choice we have collected together the top ten available tricycles on the market and provided some unbeatable advice for making the final choice.
Things to Think About
- All-Terrain or Just Around Town. On our list we have a wide selection of different styles of adult tricycles but the main two categories that buyers have to consider are those that are meant for use on the road and those that are for more rugged terrain.
Usually the city version of tricycles comes with a higher seat and resembles a bicycle. The all-terrain options are able to deal with a lot more wear and tear.
- Extra Features. As there is more room on the frame of a tricycle there are often a great deal of added features. Some are foldable and others come with baskets. If you are trying to decide between two similar models it is worth checking out these added bonuses.
- Remember It Is Similar to a Bicycle. Buyers often forget that even the best adult tricycle options will need to be checked in the same way that you would if you were buying a bicycle. Check out the quality of the wheels and the seat before making the final purchase.
Top 10 Best Tricycles for Adults Table
|Picture||Name||Best Features||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Razor DXT Drift Trike||Easy downhill and sliding maneuvers can be executed.||$||4.3|
|2. Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel Bike||Folding rear basket.||$$||4.1|
|3. Mobo Triton Ultimate Youth Cruiser||Suitable for smaller riders, up to 5’3”||$$||4.1|
|4. Raleigh Bikes Tristar 3-Speed Trike||Excellent brake system.||$$$$$||4.1|
|5. Mobo Triton Pro Adult Cruiser||Suitable for riders from 4’2” – 6’3”||$$||4.1|
|6. Westport Adult Folding Tricycle||Folding frame for easy storage.||$$$||4.0|
|7. Worksman Port-o-Trike Three Speed Adult Tricycle Blue||Adult bike, made in child-like style with direct drive front wheel.||$$||3.9|
|8. Komodo Cycling 24", 6-speed Adult Tricycle #7002 (1 Year Warranty)||6-speed shifting and hand brakes.||$$||3.8|
|9. Mantis Tri-Rad Folding Adult Tricycle, 20 inch Wheels, 16 inch Frame, Unisex, Blue||Folding frame for easy storage.||$||3.8|
|10. Iglobalbuy Yellow 24" 6-Speed 3 Wheel Adult Bicycle Tricycle Trike Cruise Bike||Folding rear basket.||$||3.8|
Opting for A Good Adult Tricycle
While there are many factors that come into getting the right adult tricycle for your needs, there is one feature that should be considered more than others.
Unlike with bicycles, our list of tricycles has a wider variety of seat types and positions. Each one is geared towards a particular sort of use. This should be considered carefully before choosing the tricycle. Here are the various options and some of the reasons you might choose this type of tricycle.
- Multiple Angles. This is one of the best choices if you are using the tricycle to go off-roading or if you are looking to get a great workout. The seat can be altered to your ideal position and this means that the tricycle can go everywhere and anywhere.
- Reclined. These are the kinds of tricycles that are used for speed and exercise. Usually they will be designated either an all-terrain tricycle or a road one. Check this carefully before buying a reclined tricycle.
- Upright. For those looking to get around town with more stability or those that want to tour with plenty of items carried in a sturdy basket, then an upright seat is a necessity.
- Traditional Racing Trikes. These types of tricycles are very low to the ground, offering the perfect center of gravity. They also come with wheels that are built to give control when turning corners.
Top 3 Best Adult Tricycle Reviews
1. Razor DXT Drift Trike
The Razor DXT Drift Trike can be thought of as an adult “Big Wheel”. This bike is for adults that like to have more fun when they are biking. The overall style lets you do tricks, such as fish tails and complete 180 degree turns.
The quality of this trike is possibly the most impressive aspect. The bearings are smooth and the welding was done so well that there is never any worry about damaging the bike or it coming apart in the middle of a trick.
For those that are looking for the most thrilling ride on this tricycle, test it out in the winter on an even more slippery driveway or road. You get a lot of spin on pavement but on ice the possibilities are endless.
2. Schwinn Meridian Adult 3-Wheel Bike
Schwinn is a household name for bicycles and the Meridian Adult 3-Wheel Bike holds up to that legacy. This tricycle is perfect for adults that like to ride more casually or would like to bike rather than drive.
The trike-style means that there are never any balance issues, which makes it is really suitable for any adults. It also comes with a convenient basket on the back to keep all of the groceries in when you make a quick trip.
For anyone that is looking to get into biking as an adult that normally brings a lot with them when they bike, or for anyone that just wants to cruise around, this is the perfect option. It also comes in great colors.
3. Mobo Triton Ultimate Youth Cruiser
Mobo made our list a few times, but why are we adding a youth bicycle in our guide to the best adult tricycles? Because this model is ideal for smaller adults up to 5’2″ in height.
This tricycle features a steel frame, an easy-to-maintain chainless design, rear-wheel steering, and a hand caliper brake. The weight limit is 200 pounds (so if you’re 5’2″ or shorter and weigh under this limit, this is an excellent choice for you). The seat is also extremely comfortable and sits 11 inches above the ground. You don’t need to have a high endurance level to get in a good workout on a tricycle like this!
Taller adults can check out number 5 on the list if this one is too small!