6 Best Beach Cruiser Bikes 2021
If you’re searching for a bike that can allow the cyclist to comfortably ride around and enjoy the surroundings a beach cruiser is the thing you’re looking for. Beach cruisers may look too traditional, but there’s a very good reason for that.
This guide will show you what the best beach cruiser bikes are currently available on the market. Furthermore, will take a rather close look to the top beach cruisers and analyze them individually.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Beach Cruiser Bike
- Design. Beach cruisers stand out with their design. They’re known for the comfy ride and stylish look. However, you still have to find the right match for you. We can’t stress how important the looks of your bike are. The better looking it is, the more you’ll like and the more you’ll ride it.
- Quality. Unlike mountain bikes and road bikes, beach cruisers’ performance is not that dependent of the frame material. A hand built stainless steel frame can last for decades if handled properly. On the other hand an aluminum frame does reduce a lot of the bike’s weight. If you’re located in an area where the landscape is rather flat you can save few dollars by opting for a stainless steel beach cruiser.
- Comfort. There are some factors that once present can take beach cruiser riding to a whole different level. A wider seat for example and higher handlebars allow the cyclist to enjoy in the ride. No back pain, no neck pain and your muscles will be more relaxed. If the bike doesn’t have these features than you can consider that as a bad beach cruiser.
- Price. Before you get your credit card in your hands and start inputting your personal information think again. Is the investment worthwhile? If not, we recommend going for the entry level beach cruisers. You get to experience what beach cruisers can offer and you won’t spend a small fortune for an item you’re not going to use. However, if you’re upgrading you probably know that going for a high-end beach cruiser is a safe and reliable investment.
Top 6 Beach Cruiser Bikes Comparison Table
|1. Firmstrong Urban Lady Single Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle||17-inch Steel Frame/ 26-inch Aluminum Wheels/ Comfortable Seat/ Womens||$$$||4.7|
|2. sixthreezero Men's In The Barrel Beach Cruiser Bicycle||18-inch Extended Steel Frame/ 26-inch Wheels/ 3 Speeds/ Sturdy||$$$$||4.7|
|3. Firmstrong Urban Man Single Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle||19-inch Steel Frame/ 26-inch Aluminum Wheels/ Comfortable Seat/ Mens||$$$||4.6|
|4. Firmstrong Bruiser Man Seven Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle||18-inch Steel Frame/ 26-inch Aluminum Wheels/ 7 Speeds||$$$||4.4|
|5. sixthreezero Women's 1-Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle||17-inch Steel Frame/ 26-inch Aluminum Wheels/ Comfortable Seat with Fenders/ Womens||$$||4.4|
|6. Critical Cycles Women's Beach Cruiser||17-inch Steel Frame/ 26-inch Wheels/ High Handlebars||$||3.9|
Top 3 Best Beach Cruiser Bikes Reviews
1. Firmstrong Urban Lady
It may be designed for women, but the Firmstrong Urban Beach Cruisers has the essential elements every beach cruiser needs. A stylish durable steel frame made to last for decades, wheels with wide tires for smooth rides and a seat as comfortable as your armchair.
Depending on the design you choose the Firmstrong Urban comes in a single speed version and into multi-speed versions as well including 3 and 7 speeds. Having the opportunity to shift through gears allows you to easily overcome minor to medium slopes. If you’re situated in an environment such as this you better try and get the multi-speed version. You’ll enjoy the rides and you’ll be able to reach your destination with less effort. It comes with wide curvy handlebars with rubber grips on them. When you’re riding it you feel as you’re riding a whole couch. It’s that comfortable!
Comfort, durability and a decent price, these parameters put it high on our best beach cruiser bikes list. Opting for this bike is without doubt the best call you can make.
2. sixthreezero Men’s In The Barrel
It was expected that eventually manufacturers will try to blend the traditional beach cruiser design with modern elements. The sixthreezero In the Barrel at first sight looks like an oversized BMX. However, if you take it for a spin you won’t want to get off of it. Adjust the seat height and you’re good to go on a long comfortable ride.
The handlebars are the key element that provides the cyclist with this outstanding comfort. It comes in 4 different colors including matte black, cool gray, mammoth orange and neon blue. You can also get the sixthreezero In The Barrel in a single speed or a multi-speed version with 3 or 7 speeds. We already talked about the benefits of having a multi-speed bike. The bike comes with a chain-guard that will protect your outfit from any dirt or oil that’s on the chain. Nobody has to know your chain is dirty. Keep it out of your trousers’ or shoes’ reach.
3. Firmstrong Urban Man
As you can see from the ratings the Firmstrong Urban Men’s Beach Cruiser is almost as good as the women’s version of this model. The difference are insignificant, however, they are there for a reason. The men’s version is a bit bigger, bulkier so to speak.
It comes in two glossy colors, black or white and this model too comes in a single speed and multi-speed version such as 3 and 7 speeds. The seat has fenders which contribute to the comfort of the ride and make it a whole lot smoother. The curvy handlebars put the cyclist in an upright position preventing any back or neck pains. Aluminum wheels are considerably lighter than steel ones. On top of this aluminum wheels tend to smooth the ride as well.
In practice both the men’s and women’s Firmstrong Urban are awesome, but we think they put a greater effort in target the female population. It’s the only reason why we have this men’s bike ranked as third on our best beach cruiser bikes list.