10 Best Bicycle Baskets 2021
Buying a bicycle basket seems like a very straightforward thing to do until you see all of the available options and styles. It is easy to get caught on one detail and find out later on that the basket doesn’t really fit your needs.
To make searching for the ideal product easier we have collected together the best bicycle baskets on the market into one top ten list. We have also offered some tips on how to choose between them.
Features to Keep in Mind
- Size. It may seem like an obvious point to consider but this is often the area that buyers make the most mistakes. It is important to make sure that the size is large enough but in the right shape. If the basket is too shallow for your items you will find that riding will become more stressful.
The ideal size would be to get everything you need into the basket with 2-3 inches spare on top.
- Material. To assist buyers in choosing from one of the best bicycle baskets for them we have included the material that they are made from on our list.
- The metal cage options are great for a long lasting basket that will be able to carry larger items.
- The wire mesh is perfect for carrying smaller items and making sure that nothing will fall onto the ground.
- The various woven options provide a more traditional style but they do not last as long as the metal alternatives.
Top 10 Bicycle Baskets Table
|1. Wald 157 Giant Delivery Basket||Metal cage||$$$$||4.6|
|2. Ohuhu Rust-Proof Quick Release Front Handlebar Bicycle Lift Off Basket||Wire mesh||$$||4.5|
|3. Nantucket Bike Basket Co. Classic Lightship Basket||Woven rattan cane||$$$$||4.5|
|4. Wald 3133 Q-R Bolt-On Front Handlebar Bike Basket||Metal Cage||$$$||4.5|
|5. Sunlite Willow Bushel Strap-On Basket||Woven willow||$$||4.4|
|6. Colorbasket Mesh Bottom Lift-Off Bike Basket||Wire mesh||$$||4.4|
|7. Sunlite Standard Mesh Bottom Lift-Off Basket||Wire Mesh||$$$||4.3|
|8. Schwinn Quick Release Wire Basket||Wire mesh||$||4.1|
|9. ProSource Wicker Front Handlebar Bike Basket Cargo||Wicker||$||3.8|
|10. Retrospec Bicycles Cane Woven Rectangular "Toto" Basket||Woven cane||$$||3.8|
Deciding on Bicycle Baskets
It is a common misconception that bicycle baskets are all highly similar and that a buyer should only consider the aesthetics. The main difference between the available baskets is the way that they are attached to the bicycle.
Here is an overview of the fastening options:
- Non-Tool Options. These types of baskets include both more traditional leather type straps and a whole range of clip-on options. The real benefit to this alternative is that they usually fit a wider variety of bikes and you will be able to adjust them for different load weights.
- Quick Release. Many of the items on our list include a quick release feature. This is a must-have for all of those riders that would prefer to not have a basket on the bike at all times. It is also very useful for those who need to make a delivery with the basket, as the entire thing can be removed and carried to the final destination.
- Bolt-On. For more stability and security there is nothing better than a bolt-on option. This means you can place more items in your basket and not have to worry about it slipping.
Top 3 Best Bicycle Baskets Reviews
1. Wald 157 Giant Delivery Basket
The Walk 157 Giant Delivery Basket gets mounted onto the front of your bike, which is perfect for anyone that is carrying precious cargo or just wants to keep belongings in sight. This basket was built using high quality metal and thus is able to stand up to all different kinds of weather and crashes too.
Since this basket is large but also basic in style it also goes with essentially any style bike too from the more mountain-style bikes to the ones that look more delicate and were made for riding in the park.
While this basket obviously can be used for anything, the size makes it a good option if you have a little dog that you like to take biking with you. With a little padding at the bottom, it is the perfect size for a dog and few more things without having the overly high price tag of a basket that has been specifically designed for dogs.
2. Ohuhu Rust-Proof Quick Release Basket
The Ohuhu Rust-Proof Quick Release basket can be attached to the front handlebar of your bike and can also be easily removed and taken into a store for shopping or for keeping your belongings with you while you leave the bike outside.
This basket is quite deep and has a mesh bottom, which means it can keep small objects that get loose contained until you can put them back in their place. The rests and hooks are a unique feature in terms of baskets and one that is especially appreciated when you have spent a lot on a bike.
There is literally zero damage to the bike itself when you use this basket and the quick release means you can take it or leave it on a whim rather than having to deal with unscrewing it, as you would with other bike baskets.
3. Nantucket Bike Basket Co. Classic Lightship Basket
The Nantucket Bike Basket Co. Classic Lightship is one of the best bicycle baskets simply for its elegant style. This basket has a vintage style, while also providing contemporary quality. This is a basket that is made from woven cane and attaches with leather straps so it doesn’t have massive carrying capabilities but it can accommodate for up to 13lbs, which is more than enough in most cases.
While this might not be the largest basket you can get or the most durable, you can tell that it has been made well and has been made using the highest quality materials possible. It stands up to the weather just as well as the metal baskets on the market. It has the added advantage over metal options are there is no danger of it rusting.
The basket does come with a plastic liner and looks great on a range of bikes. It is important to note that this basket should not be overloaded. Even the highest quality build does have its limits.