10 Best Bike Tubes 2021
It is a rare occasion that riders need to look for bike tubes and often the search can mean an extended period of time without use of the bicycle. This can be frustrating and usually leads to the rider buying the wrong kind of tube and then wasting even more time.
To make the entire buying process as stress free as possible we have collected together the finest options on the market and some of the key points you should consider before you make the final choice.
What to Remember
Often buyers make the mistake of thinking that finding the best bike tubes is an easy thing to do but this can often lead to them ending up with a second-rate product. There are a few things you should remember when you are looking at our list of the top ten available bike tubes.
- Additional Features. Although these products are relatively simple some of the best bike tubes will come with great extras. These largely come in the form of being much tougher and some of the products on our list provide self-sealing technology.
- The Presta or Schrader Valve. These are two types of valves that a bike tube could have. It is very important to check this before you make the final purchase as you need the right one to go with your tire. The presta valve has a longer body and ends in a point and the Schrader valve has a flat top.
Top 10 Bike Tubes Chart
|Picture||Name||Valve Size||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Bell Universal Inner Tube||32mm||$$$||4.4|
|2. Slime 30045 Self-Sealing Smart Tube, Schrader Valve (26 x 1.75-2.125")||48mm||$$||4.3|
|3. Michelin Airstop PRESTA Valve Bicycle Tube||40mm, 52mm||$$$||4.1|
|4. Continental 42mm Presta Valve Tube||Various||$$$||4.0|
|5. Sunlite Standard Presta Valve Tubes, Black||Various||$$$||4.0|
|6. Goodyear Bicycle Tube||60mm||$$$||4.0|
|7. 10x Venzo Road Bike Tire Inner Tubes 700c x 18/25 F/V||Various||$||4.0|
|8. Serfas Bicycle Tube - Presta||Various||$$$$||3.9|
|9. Kenda Tube Bicycle Tire Tube||Various||$$$||3.8|
|10. EETLOCKS®700x25/28C Road Bike Inner Tube||60mm||$$||3.7|
What Makes Good Bike Tubes?
The main factor that you should consider when you are looking at getting the perfect bike tubes is making sure that you get the absolute right size for your bicycle. You need to pay attention to the width of your tire, as there is a big difference between a road and a mountain bike.
Here are three different ways to check which size you need:
- Look at the Existing Rubber Tire Sidewalls. On the sidewall of the tire you should be able to see a number that is something like: “29 x 1.9”. The first number is always the circumference of the wheel and the second number is the width.
- The Bike’s Specifications. If you still have the paperwork from when you first bought the bicycle you will be able to check the specifications and see the exact size tube that you need.
- Check Online. If you do not have the paperwork and the numbers on the tire have been worn down, then check online. Make sure you get the exact make and model before buying the tubes.
It is very important to get this right, because if you get the wrong size you will end up either overfilling or underfilling the bike tire. Take time to shop around for the exact fit so you don’t waste any time or money.
Top 3 Best Bike Tubes Reviews
1. Bell Universal Inner Tube
The Bell Universal Tube has been a great go-to for any tire issues. It takes minutes to install and can be used for months and years without issues as long as there isn’t a puncture or something serious doesn’t happen to damage it.
Considering the price of this bike tube and the longevity, you get more than you what you pay for. It would cost so much to replace a tire completely. This inner tube does come with a Schrader valve that is easy to work with. It should be noted that this tube comes in sizes to fit various tires.
The fact that these are standard or can be universal means that they are a great buy to have in your garage at all times for quick replacements and fixes. There are also links to instruction videos for installation online so you will never struggle with that either.
2. Slime 30045 Self-Sealing Smart Tube
Whether you are an avid biker or only take your bike out a few days in the summer, when you have a tire puncture or issue, the Slime 30045 Self-Sealing Smart Tube is a great inner bike tube to have to hand.
If you have had a smaller puncture issue then this is one of the best bike tubes to use but might not be suitable if you have had serious damage done. This isn’t always a suitable solution if you really need to replace the entire tire.
Once you use these bike tubes once, you will be swearing by the brand and the quality of their product. Using high quality rubber and an easy installation process without charging overly high prices is what keeps this brand a great option.
3. Michelin Airstop PRESTA Valve Bicycle Tube
The Michelin Airstop PRESTA Valve Bicycle Tube is advertised as puncture resistant and that is not just an empty claim. This is a bike tube that really does hold up when you need it to most on sharp rocks or when going over damaging surfaces in the road.
In terms of the rubber that is used, this is high-grade, which is why it is so reliable. Of course there are tougher materials out there but for the average biker, this product is more than sufficient. This is especially true when considering the reasonable price.
Even after 500 miles and various kinds of terrain, these bike tubes will hold up. This is something that keeps riders going back to the brand and this specific kind of tube whenever they have issues.