6 Best Bikes for Women 2021
When you walk into a bike shop, it’s easy to get lost in the options you see. There are road bikes, hybrid bikes, mountain bikes, cruiser bikes… But they all look the same! Women tend to have longer legs and a shorter torso compared to men. That is why there are female specific bikes to make lady’s rides more comfortable.
So there are a few things to consider when buying a women’s bike like the frame size, the distance to the handlebars, the saddle etc. We’ve selected the best bikes for women so you can choose the best of the best without having to go through tedious research.
Top Bikes for Women Overview Chart
|1. Kestrel 2016 Talon Tri Shimano 105 Bicycle||Road||$$$$||5.0|
|2. Kestrel Talon Road Shimano 105 Bicycle Carbon Fiber 2016||Road||$$$$$||5.0|
|3. Firmstrong Urban Lady Single Speed - Women's 26" Beach Cruiser Bike (Purple)||Cruiser||$$||4.9|
|4. sixthreezero Women's 26-Inch Beach Cruiser Bicycle, 3-Speed, Scholar Cream||Cruiser||$$$||4.8|
|5. Firmstrong Bella Classic Single Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle, 26-Inch, Vanilla||Cruiser||$$$||4.8|
|6. Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike (700C Wheels)||Hybrid||$||4.3|
Road vs Mountain vs Hybrid vs Cruiser Bikes
- Road (Racing) bikes are lightweight and are built for speed and longer distances on paved surfaces. They typically have thin tires, lightweight 29-inch wheels and drop handlebars. These bikes can’t be used for off road riding. To ride such bicycle, the rider has to bend over the dropped handlebars. Road bikes are lighter than mountain bikes.
- Mountain bikes are used for all types of riding: both on pavement and off. They have larger tires, hill-friendly gearing and flat handlebars. These bikes put you in an upright position so that you can see more. Mountain bikes are specifically built for hill climbing as they have a wider gear range. Mountain bikes are heavier than road bikes.
- Hybrid bikes are mostly recommended for traveling to your school or work place as well as leisure rides. Although hybrid bikes combine the characteristic of a mountain bike and road bike, they are not that good at very rough terrains. Hybrid bikes put the rider in an upright position and have thinner tires than a mountain bike but wider than a road bike’s. Hybrid bikes are heavier than road bikes.
- Cruiser bikes are mostly used by casual bicyclists for leisure rides. Although easy to ride, they are rather slow and heavy. Cruiser bikes put you in an upright position, and have balloon tires, wide seats and tough steel frames. They are simpler and easier to operate compared to road, mountain and hybrid bikes.
Top 3 Best Bikes for Women Reviews
1. Kestrel Talon Tri
Kestrel Talon Tri Bicycle is a unique aero bike designed for both road and triathlon use. It looks stunning, it makes your rides comfortable and speedy – and that’s definitely what you’re looking for if you’re preparing to compete in a bike race.
The bike is very light and powerful at the same time and can be assembled in a few hours (thus, of course, if you know nothing about bike assembly), and 30 minutes if you’re a pro.
No matter how many miles you’re going to ride, this bike will do its best to serve you as a reliable, safe and fast partner. It also does a great job even in such extreme environments as heat and humidity.
Therefore, Kestrel Talon Tri Bicycle is one of the best bikes for women available, if not the best.
2. Kestrel Talon Road Bicycle
Kestrel Talon Road is a comfortable, speedy and reliable ride. Its aerodynamic tubing is designed in the A2 Wind Tunnel, which gives you extra speed.
The bike’s seatpost offers you a great variety of saddle positions, which can be adjusted for both road and triathlon use. Every bicyclist will find this bike’s weight very lovely for fast riding.
Kestrel Talon Road is a fantastic-looking and well-built bike that can take the high grade hills with no effort. All of its components feel strong, while the carbon fiber frame and fork offer you the ideal combo of lightweight and stiffness.
3. Firmstrong Urban Lady Single
Firmstrong Urban Lady is designed for casual and fun rides. It’s a cruiser bicycle with balloon tires that has different gear options. You can adjust your bike to any terrain and activities by switching between 1-7 speeds.
Urban Lady’s seat has double coil springs, which makes your ride smooth, easy and soft on paths, streets and boardwalks. The tires are 2.125 inch wide.
Firmstrong’s bike can suit any lady’s style as it’s available in 13 colors. It is pretty simple to assemble.
It’s fancy, easy to use and allows you to truly enjoy the ride. However, this is a cruiser bike, so, as mentioned above, it must only be used for casual and leisure rides.