Best City Bikes 2021: 10 Amazing Bikes You Don’t Want to Miss
If you are searching for a bike that you’re going to use to get from one place to another in the city, maybe to the grocery store or for commuting, you need a city bike. There’s nothing better than a bike that is comfortable and can be useful to carry a bag or two safely. It can save you a lot of money.
This guide will show you what exactly a city bike can offer you. Also we will recommend you some of the best city bikes on the market. Pick the one that suits you best!
Things to Consider as City Biker
- Comfort. No matter how short the distance is you deserve to have a comfortable ride. A smooth ride can be the result of a nice ergonomic saddle and a proper geometry of the frame. More up-right position is ideal for the casual cyclist and for those that are bike commuters. If there’s a comfortable bike, why not pick that one?
- Utility. Everything from a kickstand to a rear rack, it can turn out to be very useful. In a city you’re more likely to have to leave your bike standing while for example you have to respond to a phone call or just buy a newspaper. Once you use the rear rack you’ll see how good it’s to have it. Putting a grocery bag there or just your laptop bag can be the difference between a comfortable ride and trying to keep that bag safe while you’re on your bike. A front rack is a bonus, for those who will use the bike frequently around the city an extra rack can be a lifesaver. In case it’s raining, the fenders can prevent unnecessary water reaching your back and your trousers or dress.
This is maybe the main reason why there’s a separate category titled city bikes.
- Durability. Most likely, you’re not going to encounter any major obstacles that might damage your bike, but there are still other influences that can be hazardous for your bike. The material plays a big role in the life of the bike. An aluminum frame can last pretty long if you ride your bike on the street and a steel frame can last for a whole eternity if you take a good care of it, like making sure that you keep it in a dry place. Otherwise it will start to corrode.
- Price. For some it may not be a great deal, but for those who are on a budget it may take them long until they decide what bike to choose. Our chart will help you out if you this problem. The bike shouldn’t break the bank, but a premium bike can’t be a bad decision. In the long run a high quality premium bike will turn out to be the cheaper and the better investment.
Top 10 City Bikes Overview Chart
3 Best City Bikes Reviews
1. Pure City Cycles Dutch Style
The Dutch Style Step-thru City Cruise is made by Pure City Cycles and it looks astonishing. It looks simple and yet it offers a lot of utility. It is a city cruiser indeed!
The frame is carefully manufactured from steel and it provides smooth ride. It has a nice geometry which makes the design suitable for men and women, you can easily get on and off of it because of the step-thru frame.
It come will accessories including a chain guard to prevent your trousers from getting oil on them. The bike comes with fenders that will protect you from water that might be on the road.
The leather saddle is padded and as addition it has springs for improved comfort and a relaxing ride. It has handlebars that keep you in an up-right position so you can relax that back and neck muscles.
You can get this bike in 2 sizes and 5 colors! Chose carefully because it will last for a really long time!
2. DJ City Bike
Have you considered getting an electric bike for city usel? If you live in a hilly area, have a long distance to travel and don’t exactly like the idea of arriving at your destination all hot and sweaty, then this might be the right choice.
DJ Bikes’ City model features a 48-volt, 750-watt motor, and a 625-watt-hour battery that you can charge in four to eight hours. The suspension system helps provide you with a smooth ride and the padded saddle is quite comfortable. It also has a rear cargo rack, which is especially handy if you need to transport a bag, briefcase, groceries, or even at pet!
Keep in mind that a bike like this weighs more due to the motor (it s 57 pounds), so if you need to haul it up or down any stairs, then you’re in for an extra workout. The weight capacity of the bike is 275 pounds.
It’s hard to beat the convenience of an electric bike on city streets. If you have the money to invest and know that you
ì a nice city bike which is great for commuting and moving around the city.
3. Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike
This bike’s priorities are utility and comfort. It has a spring seat post for additional shock absorption on top of the thick padding and the springs. You’ll feel as if you’re seating in your armchair at home.
It has a very strong rear rack in case you need additional cargo space. The frame is made from aluminum and is made to last. It has a nice geometry to keep the cyclist in an upright comfortable position.
It has a suspension fork to absorb any minor bump shocks and to keep you in control if the terrain gets bad.
We ranked it on the 3rd place on our best city bikes list, however, it’s a worthy competitor of the Pure City Step Thru and the Public C1 Step thru.