10 Best Commuter Bikes 2021
If you’re looking for a bike for commuting, our advice is not to settle for a decent one, as we are here to show you the best commuter bike. We will take a look at what it has to offer and which its competitors are.
This guide will show you the crucial features a commuter bike needs to have in order to satisfy your needs effectively and efficiently. Read on and you’ll find exactly what you’re searching for.
Bike as a Mean of Transport
Bike commuting has been present since the invention of bikes. It’s a cheap and healthy way to fill ones transportation needs. However, it involves cycling which in turn involves the cyclists’ energy. That means there are some features that the bike needs to have in order for the bike to be good for commuting.
- Comfort. You are not competing that means another feature can trade off for the sake of comfort. A comfortable bike will have a good saddle, possibly with strings and with a padding. The cyclist is in a more up-right position allowing the back muscles and the sit bone area to not suffer a great deal of pressure. Because of this you’ll still be full of energy at work.
- Type. Every human has its own style and preferences. Are you the laidback person and want to go for a more casual bike or sometimes you want to take it on the wild side and put some pressure on the pedals? No matter what the case is you’ll find the bike for you. The laidback person can get a bike with handlebars that offer greater comfort for the back by keeping him/her in a up-right position and the ones that want to feel the wind can choose a more sporty bike to meet their needs.
- Quality/Durability. Response time of the gear is not your may concern, but durability is. You want your bike to last long and make the investment worth it. At least the frame, fork, crank, brakes and saddle should be of high quality. If one of this fails during your ride you might get in trouble. That’s why investing in a more expensive bike can be a worthwhile investment and can prevent injury. But not all “affordable” bikes are with low quality components.
- Price. You are going to save money by not spending it on gas, so why not add few extra bucks to get a comfortable ride with amazing looks. There are a lot of budget bikes that can meet anyone’s opportunities. However, a premium bike is rarely a bad investment. If you’re going to use it on a daily basis it will surely worth it. A premium bike is a bad investment only if you’re not using it.
Top 10 Commuter Bikes Overview Chart
|1. Pure City Cycles Dutch Style Step-Thru City Bike 3-Speed||Steel frame/Double walled alloy rims with steel spokes||$$$$||4.7|
|2. Vilano Women's Classic Urban Commuter Single Speed Bike||Steel Frame/Free pedals and kickstart||$||4.6|
|3. Schwinn Men's Siro 700c Hybrid Bicycle||Aluminum hybrid frame/Suspension fork/Alloy rims||$$||4.6|
|4. Diamondback Bicycles Trace Complete Dual Sport||Aluminum alloy frame/Steel fork||$$$$||4.6|
|5. Diamondback Bicycles Wildwood Classic||Heat treated t6 Aluminum alloy frame/Suspension fork||$$$||4.6|
|6. Schwinn Discover Women's Hybrid Bike||Aluminum Frame/Suspension Fork/Alloy Crank||$$||4.3|
|7. Giordano Libero 1.6 Road Bike, Black/Red, 51cm/Small||Aluminum Frame/Alloy rims||$$$$||4.3|
|8. Vilano Shadow Road Bike, Small, White||Double butter Aluminum frame/700c fork/Double walled CNC rims||$$$||4.2|
|9. Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Edgewood Complete Hybrid Bike||Aluminum alloy frame/Suspension fork||$$$||4.2|
|10. Schwinn Men's Network 3.0 700C Hybrid Bicycle, White, 18-Inch||Aluminum Hybrid Frame/Alloy rims||$||4.1|
Difference Between Men’s and Women’s Bike
It’s pretty common to see tags in the name of the bike as it’s intended for men or for women, but does it really matter? The answer is no. And what’s the main difference? The frame. Women’s bike have a lowered frame, meaning the tube that’s going from the handlebars to the saddle part is positioned under an angle to go towards the pedals to allow the cyclist easier getting on and off the bike.
There are a lot of men who find the women’s bikes a lot more neat. Bikes don’t discriminate so it’s perfectly OK to get a bike that’s the tagged as for the opposite of your sex. In addition to this, everything else is the same between them, the pedals, handlebars, fork, crank you name it!
Now that you now a bigger deal about commuter bikes and bikes in general here are 5 of the best commute bikes on the market. I’m sure you’ll like at least one.
5 Best Commuter Bike Reviews
1. Pure City Cycles Dutch Style
A true role model for the other commuter bikes. It has all that you need to commute and to truly enjoy in cycling in the most simple form. It has a nice comfortable design to meet anyone’s preferences.
It’s prime focus is the comfort of the cyclist and durability. If you don’t go in the mountains with it, it will last for a long time. Having a steel frame makes it a bit heavy, but you aren’t in a rush. And those alloy rims take some of the weight off.
The leather saddle is a story for itself. It has strings and an ergonomic design. You’ll feel comfortable just by looking at it. On top of that it’s waterproof, meaning you don’t have to worry about rain and it being damaged by water.
It has all the premium parts you can get from a premium commuter bike like: matching fenders, silver bell, kickstand, reflectors, rear rack and leather grips.
An all inclusive commuter bike! We rank it as No.1 on a our best commuter bike list!
2. Vilano Women’s Classic
So simple and yet so appealing. The Vilano Women’s Classic Urban Commuter Bike is the deal to take! All of the parts are designed for one purpose, to make the cyclist comfortable. Everything from the saddle to the handlebars says that it will comfort you.
Having a steel frame you can be sure that it will last for eternity. In addition to this it has a coaster brake as braking mechanism, so you don’t have to worry about brake failure.
It has moustache handlebars which give you the edge you need to enjoy every ride more than the previous. In line with the string saddle you won’t feel any bump that you might encounter.
3. Schwinn Men’s Siro 700c
Unlike the previous 2 bikes, this one has a more sporty design. It has an aluminum frame with a suspension fork. Don’t let the look fool you as this bike is much more comfortable than you would think at first sight.
The seat is padded and has a suspension post which will absorb almost all bumps and impacts, giving you the comfort you deserve. It will still keep the cyclists in a more up-right position to reduce back pain and pain in the neck that might come from keeping the head up for a longer period.
Overall a nice choice for those who want a hybrid bike and fancy a sporty looking bike while getting the comfort they want.
4. Diamondback Bicycles Trace Complete Dual Sport
A state of the art sport bike brought to you by Diamondback. It’s awesome for commuting and will give you the opportunity to travel effectively, efficiently and cheaply. All you need to do is buy this bike.
It has a nice sport design making it stand out from the other commuter bikes. Equipped with gear from your dreams, it has front and rear braking discs in case you want to hit the mountains.
Made from aluminum the frame will last long and will transfer your force without any wastage.
5. Diamondback Bicycles Wildwood Classic
A well deserved 5th place, this bike is a complete deal ideal for any bike commuter. Even the name has comfort in it, just what every part of this bike has to offer.
Made from aluminum, this bike is light and durable. For the price it has it’s practically theft! It can’t match with the other bikes we already mentioned, but it deserves to be ranked as No.5 on our best commuter bike list.