Best Cycling Gloves 2021: 10 Amazing Gloves You Don’t Want to Miss
For regular bike users, gloves aren’t something you’ll have to consider buying. However, if you plan on riding your bike every single day, if you plan on biking for sport or even if you plan on riding for extended periods of time, cycling gloves are a must. Protecting your hands and fingers is incredibly important and just like with any other sport, you’ll want to use the proper gear to prevent injuries.
Finding the best pair of cycling gloves isn’t always easy. With different types of padding and features, the process may prove to be quite overwhelming. The type of cycling gloves that you will need will greatly vary depending on your type of cycling – mountain bike riders won’t necessarily use the same gloves as long distance riders. However, here is a list of the best cycling gloves so you can get started on the right track.
Top 6 Cycling Gloves Comparison Table
|1. ZHTZPLOO Cycling Gloves||Unisex||$||4.6|
|2. Pearl Izumi||Women’s||$$||4.5|
|3. Mountain Made Crestone Cycling Gloves||Unisex||$$||4.5|
|4. Giro Tessa Women's Gloves||Women’s||$||4.4|
|5. Louis Garneau Men's Cycling Gloves||Men’s||$$$$||4.4|
|6. Oceantree Cycling Gloves||Unisex||$$$||4.3|
How to Shop for Good Cycling Gloves
When cycling for sport or for long distances, you’ll need to keep your hands protected at all times. The main reason to wear gloves is to prevent injuries, but they also serve many other purposes. Quality cycling gloves come with shock absorption gel that prevents your hands from becoming numb. Many gloves are also protected against UV rays, allowing you to not have to worry about cycling on sunny days. Here are some cool features found in cycling gloves.
- Gel. Gel is used in most of the good quality cycling gloves to provide additional comfort. However, the gel also works as a shock absorption, preventing hand numbness from occurring. This allows you to walk away from a day of cycling with your hands intact.
- Waterproof. Many cycling gloves are waterproof, which prevents rain water from getting into your hands. This is great in order to stay dry even on wet days.
- Moisture Wicking. A lot of good quality cycling gloves have moisture wicking features, which prevents sweat from building up in your hands and palms.
- Elastic Materials. By using elastic materials to create the gloves, they take the shape of your hand. This allows them to fit snuggly on your hands without having them slip off or constantly rub up against your skin.
- Non-Slip. Many cycling gloves come with non-slip grips in the palms. This allows for extra traction when holding on to the handlebars. An excellent feature for bikers that cycle for sport, such as mountain biking.
Top 3 Best Cycling Gloves Reviews
1. HTZPLOO Cycling Gloves
While the name may be a bit funky, this certainly doesn’t reflect at all on the quality and durability of these gloves. They are fantastic!
On the palms of these gloves, you’ll find a random pebble-shaped pattern of anti-slip silicone gel so your grip stays firmly on the handlebars, even when the road gets rough. The tops of the gloves are made of Lycra and the bottoms are made of microfiber, and the two loops of elastic that they have sewn onto the fingers allow you to slip the gloves off easily (no lifting and picking at the fabric to peel off each finger individually.
Great padding, excellent grip, superb shock absorption and a great price; these are hands-down the best cycling gloves on our list.
2. Pearl Izumi – Ride
Another great option are the Pearl Izumi – Ride Women’s Select Gloves. These cycling gloves provide comfort, protection, support and amazing durability. There is a nice addition of a soft low profile wiping surface on the thumb, which allows you to get rid of sweat with ease. The padding is specially made for relief in key areas such as the Ulnar and Median nerves.
The soft and durable palm provides you with a hook and loop closure for ease removable of the gloves. Whether you’re cycling long distances or even if you just want to go on short daily rides, the Pearl Izumi – Ride Women’s Select Gloves are a great option for women.
3. Mountain Made Crestone
The Mountain Made Crestone Cycling Gloves with Touchscreen is another amazing option to choose from. These gloves offer amazing breathability and durability, allowing you to make the most out of your cycling. With non-slip palms, you will be able to benefit from superior traction when holding on to the handlebars.
These gloves offer the unique ability to be able to use a touchscreen phone or tablet without having to remove the gloves. With full finger comfort, your hands will always be full protected. If you’re looking for a great pair of cycling gloves and love to use your phone without having to take them off, you’ll love the Mountain Made Crestone Cycling Gloves with Touchscreen.