6 Best Kids Mountain Bikes 2021
Finding a top-notch kids mountain bike can be very time consuming. Why? Because there are tons of various different models, with different features and with hard to spot flaws. Fortunately for you, you’ve arrived at the right place.
The best kids mountain bike has all features you can think of, and it doesn’t come with any flaws whatsoever. Take a close look at the top 6 kids mountain bikes. Hopefully, we’re going to make your final buying decision an easy one.
Top 6 Kids Mountain Bikes Chart
|Picture||Name||Brief Description||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Tykesbykes Sprinter Kids Bike||Aluminum Frame/ Disc Brakes/ Hardtail Frame/ 7 Speed Shimano Rear Derailleur/ Premium Tires||$$$$||4.6|
|2. Diamondback Bicycles Octane Kid's||Heat Treated Aluminum Frame/ Suspension Fork/ Linear Brakes/ 6 Speed Shimano Rear Derailleur||$$$$||4.5|
|3. Mongoose 24 in Boy's Spectra||Steel Full Suspension Frame/ Suspension Fork/ Linear Brakes/ 21 Speeds/ Versatile||$$||4.5|
|4. Roadmaster Granite Peak Boys||Steel Hardtail Frame/ Suspension Fork/ Linear Brakes/ 18 Speeds/ Shimano Components/ Premium Tires||$||4.4|
|5. Diamondback Bicycles Tess Kid's||Steel Frame/ Hardtail/ Suspension Fork/ Linear Brakes/ 6 Speed Shimano Rear Derailleur||$$$||4.3|
|6. Mongoose Girl's Maxim Full Suspension||Aluminum Suspension Frame/ Suspension Fork/ 21 Speed Shimano Rear Derailleur/ Alloy Brakes||$$||4.2|
Features of a Great Kids Mountain Bike
- Durability. The safety of the kid largely depends on the durability of the frame. A steel frame is highly durable, but it can be heavy. An aluminum frame offers the best balance of durability, weight-reduction and efficiency.
- Design. The comfort of the cyclist depends on the design of the frame, the handlebars and the seat. Although mountain biking doesn’t require a comfortable seat, it can come in useful as well. How the bike looks is also important. If the kid doesn’t find it appealing, it will become obsolete rather soon.
- Price. A kid’s bike is not the final destination. In a couple of years the kid will want a high-end premium mountain bike. The best kids mountain bike doesn’t come with a hefty price tag. Furthermore, a big price tag doesn’t guarantee high quality performance.
- Components. Shimano is the leader in the cycling industry, having the most reliable, accurate and efficient components. On top of this, a mountain bike with disc brakes can sure come in handy.
Top 3 Best Kids Mountain Bike Reviews
1. Tykesbykes Sprinter Kids Bike
Lo and behold, the Tykesbykes Sprinter Kid’s bike is the best product in this category on the market today. It’s made to deliver! The Tykesbykes Sprinter has an aggressive frame design putting the kid in a flatter position. The ergonomic handlebars can provide comfort in a more upright position. It comes with an aluminum hard tail frame, which is lightweight, but highly durable.
To our surprise, the manufacturer mounted disc brakes to this outstanding kids mountain bike. They provide a lot of stopping power. That’s both a front and a rear disc brake. The front suspension fork allows the kid to have total control of the bike, regardless of the terrain. On top of this, the premium tires provide good enough grip allowing the kid to easily overcome any challenge thrown at it.
However, it does come at a higher than average price. If you have the dollars, we recommend you to go for it! It’s by far the best deal. This bike can last for years if you provide it with the required regular maintenance.
2. Diamondback Bicycles Octane Kid’s
This is yet another high quality bike, made out of high quality aluminum and equipped with the best components within this price range. The 6061 heat treated aluminum makes the frame among the most durable ones. It’s a special process which reinforces the frame, making it strong enough to withstand high impacts. The 6 speeds make it flexible, allowing the kid to have an easy time overcoming slopes, but also reaching high velocities on flat terrain.
Unlike the previous model we looked at, this one comes with linear V brakes. Although they don’t provide as much stopping power as disc brakes do, they sure are a cost-efficient replacement. There’s no room for worrying about the comfort, as the frame’s designed with it in mind, plus the handlebars are ergonomic. The Diamondback Octane Mountain Bike comes with premium tires as well. Furthermore, you’ll get the bike 90% assembled, which means you can assemble it in no time.
3. Mongoose 24 in Boy’s Spectra
It looks premium, feels premium, and yet, it doesn’t cost as a premium kids mountain bike does. It has a highly durable full suspension frame that absorbs all shocks, be that bumps, holes, etc. On top of it, it has a front suspension fork that puts the kid in control at all times.
The manufacturer wanted to keep things simple, which means there are no disc brakes. In order to make the complete product more affordable, compromises such as this one had to be made. The price is the main advantage the Spectra has over its competition. Considering the fact that your kid will need an upgrade in a couple of years, this is a great option worthy of your consideration.
However, if money is not a problem, you should buy the Tykesbykes Sprinter. Without a doubt, the Mongoose Boy’s Spectra is a worthy competitor of the best kids mountain bike, at a significantly lower price.