6 Best Road Bikes for Women 2021
If you’re a lady and you like to compete in bike racing or just have fun riding on roads, then buying a road bike would make your life a lot easier. Compared to men, women have longer legs and a shorter upper body. That is why ladies will benefit from female specific bikes.
When buying a women’s bike, there are a few details to consider like the frame size, the height of the handlebars, the saddle etc. We’ve put together the best road bikes for women so you can select the bike of your dream without having to go through boring research.
Top 6 Road Bikes for Women Overview Chart
|1. Kestrel 2016 Talon Tri Shimano 105 Bicycle||Carbon||$$$$||5.0|
|2. Kestrel Talon Road Shimano 105 Bicycle Carbon Fiber 2016||Carbon||$$$$$||5.0|
|3. Vilano Women's Classic Urban Commuter||Steel||$||4.6|
|4. Vilano Shadow Road Bike, Large, White||Aluminum||$$||4.2|
|5. Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Pink Womens Road Bike-700c||Aluminum||$$$||3.9|
|6. GMC Denali Road Bike||Aluminum||$$$||3.7|
Carbon vs Aluminum vs Steel
- Carbon fiber frames usually weigh less than aluminum frames. But most of the times it depends on the quality of the material. But it’s possible to come across a quality aluminum bike that weighs less than a cheap carbon bike. So, a well-built aluminum frame will most likely weigh less than a cheap carbon frame. Steel frames are adequately stiff and weigh more than aluminum frames.
- Aluminum frames have the shortest lifespan compared to any other material used for bike frames. It normally holds out for about 5 to 10 years. Carbon, on the other hand, has the longest lifespan. Most bicycle manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty on carbon frames, while on aluminum they offer 5 to 10 years. Steel frames are ultra-durable but their weight make them less popular for racing competitions.
- Aluminum frames are stiffer than their carbon counterparts, which can be very uncomfortable for long rides. The way it works is that aluminum transfers road vibrations directly through the rider. Carbon frames, on the other hand, are usually manufactured so that they dampen any road vibrations, making them more enjoyable to ride.
- In a nutshell, choose the bike with the frame material that will satisfy both your riding preferences and your budget. Although aluminum frames have their flaws, they are a good option if you’re on a tight budget and looking for ‘okay’ performance. Carbon, on the other hand, is the best option for those who are looking for ideal bicycle performance.
Top 3 Best Road Bikes for Women Reviews
1. Kestrel Talon Tri
Kestrel Talon Tri Bicycle is a great aero bike designed for road and triathlon use. It looks amazing and makes your riding experience comfortable and top-notch, which is the perfect combination if you’re preparing to compete in a bike race.
The bike is extremely lightweight and strong at the same time. It can be assembled in a few hours (that’s, of course, in case you know nothing about bike assembly), and approximately 30 minutes if you’re a pro.
No matter how many miles you’re planning to ride, Kestrel Talon Tri Bicycle will provide you with a reliable, safe and fast experience. Furthermore, It does an excellent job even in such extreme environments as heat and humidity.
Therefore, it if fair to say that Kestrel Talon Tri Bicycle is one of the best road bikes for women, if not the best.
2. Kestrel Talon Road Bicycle
Kestrel Talon Road is a comfortable, fast and reliable bike. This bike’s aerodynamic tubing is manufactured in the A2 Wind Tunnel, which offers you extraordinary speed.
The bike’s seatpost offers you a wide variety of saddle positions, which can be easily adjusted for either road or triathlon use. Every professional bicyclist will appreciate this bike’s weight designed for fast riding.
Kestrel Talon Road is an amazing-looking and well-built bike that can perform well on the high grade hills. All of Kestrel Talon Road’s components feel strong, while the carbon fiber frame and fork provide you with the ideal combo of lightweight and stiffness.
3. Vilano Women’s Classic Urban Commuter
Vilano Women‘s Classic Urban Commuter is simple and beautiful at the same time. It looks classy and has mustache handlebars with comfy grips, which offer you to be in a comfortable riding position.
The assembly of the bike is easy and quick. Although the mustache handlebars take some time to get used to, they are lightweight, which is beneficial for women who need to carry it up and down stairs. The material of the grips is not exactly high-end, so don’t expect it to hold out for years.
Vilano Women’s Classic Urban Commuter’s classic steel frame makes your rides smooth and fast. The paint is a fantastic-looking creamy enamel. This bike will do just fine for simple yet speedy riding.