10 Best Road Bikes 2021
If you are looking for a road bike, be that for recreational or professional purposes, here you’ll find the bike you need to fulfill all your requirements. We will look at the contenders who rank to be crowned among the best.
In the following sections you’ll see up-close what the best road bikes on the market have to offer. Join us in the pursuit for the bike of your dreams.
Things to Consider as a Road Cyclist
- Comfort. You want your bike to be as comfortable as possible. Road cycling tends to be longer than other types of cycling. During that time you want to feel as comfortable as it can get, otherwise you won’t enjoy the ride as you’re supposed to. You don’t want to fight the bike; you want to use energy to gain greater momentum.
- Quality. It might not seem so important at first glance, but having a high quality bike is a great deal. A frame made of better material will transfer your effort on the road a lot better; it will be more stiff and durable than a low quality frame is. Premium bike parts have better response time and are lighter. You don’t want extra weight while cycling.
- Price. It is a factor, a huge one. The perfect bike is a mix of performance, appearance, quality. Somewhere in the middle is the best bike, you get what you pay for. Few extra bucks can take that back or knee pain away and put a smile on your face, not the joker way.
- Weight. Extra weight takes away the control of your bike. More weight requires more force to get to the top of the hill. Unnecessary parts should be taken off or heavy parts should be replaced with lighter ones.
Top 10 Road Bikes Overview Chart
|Picture||Name||Size Available||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Sava HERD6.0||44 / 48 / 50 / 52 / 54 cm||$$$$$||5.0|
|2. Tommaso Imola||N/A||$$$$||5.0|
|3. Diamondback Century 3||54 cm||$$$$$||4.9|
|4. Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Century 2||50 / 52 / 54 / 56 / 58 / 60 cm||$$$||4.8|
|5. Schwinn Phocus 1600||56 cm||$||4.6|
|6. 2015 Kestrel Talon Tri-Shimano 105||52 / 55 / 57 / 60 cm||$$$$||4.6|
|7. VTSP X C7 00||48 / 51 / 54 cm||$$$||4.5|
|8. Giordano Libero 1.6 Road Bike||51 / 56 / 63 cm||$||4.2|
|9. Vilano Shadow||52 / 54 / 56 cm||$||4.2|
|10. Vilano FORZA 4.0||49 / 53 cm||$$||4.2|
When you enter a bike shop the first thing you get asked is how tall is the person the bike is for, or if it’s for you, how tall are you. Having the bike that matches to your size can save you from a lot of unnecessary trouble.
- Knee Injury. A bike with a frame that’s too big for you will cause knee pain because you are not going to push your pedals down at a right angle. In time this can turn into a permanent pain. In addition you’ll waste a ton of effort.
A frame that’s too small might allow not enough space to ride comfortably. There’s a chance to even hit the handlebars. That can really be painful.
- Back Pain. It’s so obvious, but people still make that mistake. You can’t trade off the comfort part. One of the easiest ways to boost your comfort is to get the size that matches your physics. Otherwise prepare yourself for months of therapy to reduce that back pain of yours.
Cycling is not one of time thing. You probably do it or will do it every day. Having an uncomfortable ride might be the reason why your bike will stay in the garage for a long time.
Top 5 Best Road Bikes Reviews
1. Sava HERD6.0
The Sava HERD6.0 is an excellent choice for cyclists interested in purchasing an upgrade. If you have serious intentions, then this is a model you should consider.
This 18.3-pound bike features Shimano 105 groupset and a unique aerodynamic shape that provides you with clean, even airflow as you pedal. Part of its smoothness is thanks to how they routed the cables (internally) providing you with maximum airflow over the entire bike. You will also notice how nicely it handles thanks to the tapered head tube, which provides you with a stiffer feel than a non-tapered head tube and thus providing you with more surface feedback and increased feel of traction.
Considering that the HERD6.0 features the Shimano 105 groupset, the price is quite good.
2. Tommaso Imola
Are you interested in spending a bit less than the Sava HERD6.0 yet still getting a decent bike? Tommaso’s Imola model is our next pick. Cyclists who want a road bike that is great for fitness and commuting purposes will find that the Imola offers a nice balance of features for these uses.
Here, you’ll find Shimano’s Claris R2000 (3×8) groupset, which easy to operate and shifts lightly – perfect for fitness purposes and for entry-level racers.
If you plan to use the bike occasionally, then the wheels as-is will probably be sufficient. For heavy use, however, it is probably worth it to invest in something a little more durable since they tend to wear out quickly for those who use the bike often.
Overall, it’s an impressive option in this price range!
3. Diamondback Century 3
If you tend to head out for lengthy cycling sessions, then comfort is a key factor when you are shopping for a road bike.
Just like the Sava HERD6.0, the Century 3 also features a tapered head tube paired with a Shimano 105 (2×11) drivetrain. The aerodynamic design is also similar, but rather than a carbon fiber frame, the Century 3 is made from aluminum so it is just slightly heavier than the HERD6.0.
The bike is available in five different sizes and is ideal for building up endurance. It can certainly rank wheel-to-wheel with the best road bikes out there.
4. Diamondback Bicycles 2015 Century 2
This is the Diamondback’s contender for top of the list. The 2015 Century 2 Complete Road Bike is the bike to buy if you intend to go on long rides. It will keep your body more upright than a normal racing bike. This will reduce neck and back pain by a lot.
It has aluminum frame which is more than enough for casual cycling. This is the reason why this bike has such a low price, but not a low performance.
If you are going for longer rides this is the best investment you can make. Comes at a lower price than the rest of the bikes and will offer you greater comfort for the neck and the back without trading off the performance and the quality of the bike overall.
5. Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1600 700C
You want to start cycling and you don’t know what bike to pick. Well, the Schwinn’s Phocus is the safe call to make. It’s extremely cheap and you’ll experience what it’s like to be a cyclist that rides an awesome road bike.
Don’t let the price fool you, it has an aluminum frame and a carbon fork. Usually you wouldn’t get this kind of a great deal for this price.
It has the right mix of quality and comfort that will enable you to experience the thrill of being on the open road.